Snowy winter days call for that steaming savory chili like momma used to make. Over the years I have tried and made multiple kinds of chili.
This recipe is a combination of several of my favorites carefully put together for that hearty, tasty, sweet heat that warms your tummy and almost makes you look forward to a snow day.
My family is torn between oyster crackers, saltine crackers, or Fritos. You pick, cause they all go good on top of this recipe.
Let’s make some chili!
- 2 pounds ground Turkey
- One yellow onion chopped
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 10 baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cans Ranch Style Beans
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomatoe sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 med chili guajillo peppers (no seeds)
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add ground Turkey to onions and cook until browned.
- Chop up peppers. Be sure to remove seeds unless your looking for some extra zing.
- Add peppers and all remaining ingredients to your meat and onions. Reduce to low and simmer 1-2 hours. This will allow all of these spices to blend well.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, crackers, or whatever your favorite chili topping is.