I love ❤️ BLT’s! Add a little avocado just adds even kore yumminess. when I was pregnant with my first child I tried a BLT every single day. Today I still love them but my body has begun storing those breads in my hips and thighs like a chipmunk stores it’s nuts in their cheeks.
So how can I still enjoy one of my favorite things without the middle age woman side effects, I turned it into a salad! This super easy, super healthy, super delicious meal will change your mind about salads forever.
A few tips from my kitchen to yours. Use greater salad bases. Iceberg lettuce doesn’t provide a lot of nutritional value as it’s most made of water. If your gonna eat a salad it may as well benefit you in more ways than one! My go to’s are Arugula, Romain and Spinach.
Use the bacon of your choice. Turkey bacon is ok, but this recipe is much better with real bacon, and since we took the bread out of the equation, we can have that bacon and not feel so guilty. You can also use precooked bacon to make it even easier. I just toss mine in the microwave for about 15 seconds to heat it up just a tad.
Lets talk about the avocado! A avocado are packed with fiber, vitamin c and vitamin b6 and they are considered good fats! You can choose not to add this to your salad but getting a little more nutrition never hurt anyone. Go on, give it a try.
Finally, the dressing. You don’t have to make this dressing and can just use it he ranch in your fridge, but if you have the ingredients. I highly recommend you go ahead and make this one up. It is a little thinner than the average dressing but it binds to the salad wonderfully and the flavor is WOWZA!
- 1- 1/2 cups Romain lettuce (salad chopped)
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 Avacado chopped (store remainder with seed in fridge for tomorrow salad)
- 5 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1TBS dill
- 1TSP Garlic salt
- 1TSP Garlic powder
- Place Romain, tomato’s, avocado, bacon and cheese in a bowl.
- In mason jar or sealable container mix mayonnaise, milk, dill, garlic salt, garlic powder in container.
- Pour about 2TBS dressing over salad and toss. Enjoy your BLTA!
- Store remaining dressing in refrigerator for tomorrow’s salad!