This girl doesn’t like cooked veggies. Even though I know all the facts about how important it is to get your veggies in, I just don’t like them. That was until a friend of mine convinced me to give this a try. Let me tell you what, I will be the first to the table for this lasagne and don’t judge when I’m getting seconds. This is sure to please the whole family and it only takes a few ingredients.
Some substitutions you can make based on your preferences or desire to make it even a little more healthy than it already is are the following. Love garlic, add as much as you like! I love Italian sausage however a more low-fat option is ground Turkey but if you go that direction, don’t forget the Italian seasoning for more flavor. I also love mushrooms but they aren’t necessary. Omit then if it’s not your cup of tea!
Ok so let’s get this pasta free lasagne going! Yeah, I said pasta free!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium zuchinni, sliced thin
- 1-2 TBS crushed garlic
- 1 can diced Italian tomatoes
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Brown sausage and garlic.
- Add diced Italian tomatoes and mushrooms to meat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In medium size baking pan spread 2 TBS of meat and tomato mixture on bottom of pan (prevents zucchini from sticking to pan)
- Lay one level sliced zuchinni in pan followed by half meat mixture. Cover meat mixture with half mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat these steps one more time.
- Pace baking pan in oven for 20 min or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minites
- Serve and enjoy!