Eating healthy does not have to taste bad and this recipe will become a regular menu item that will have them coming back for more!
Just a few tips before we get too far. Marinade your shrimp in the seasoning in #2 to ensure they have the best flavor! Any seafood can be substituted or added to this recipe and the results will still amaze! Ensure your shrimp are peeled and cleaned for optimal results. Fresh is always better but frozen shrimp will work, just be sure to thaw, rinse and pay dry.
Because my husband thinks he will starve when we eat healthier, I have used filler sides for him like roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, or cottage cheese. I find this perfectly satisfying on its own!
- 1 1/2 pound shrimp (cooked or uncooked)
- 1 pound scallops (towel dried)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4-6 TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 whole red onion
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place shrimp in bowl. Add 2tbs olive oil, garlic, 1tsp sea salt. fee dashes of pepper, paprika, oregano, and juice from entire lemon. Mix and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Pat dry with a paper towel your scallops. Sprinkle with sea salt and paprika on both sides.
- Break off root end of asparagus and discard. Spread asparagus out in a cookie sheet.
- Slice onion into relatively large pieces. Place on cookie sheet with asparagus and drizzle with about 2 TBS of Olive oil.
- Lay scallops on bed of asparagus and onions.
- Spread shrimp across the asparagus and onion bed along with the juices they were marinading in.
- Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes. Turn broiler on high and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven and top with olives, feta cheese, remaining olive oil and cilantro. Serve immediately!