You don’t even have to like Cauliflower to love these! Cauliflower tots are so close to your beloved tater tots you will likely ditch your frozen favorite for this healthier option! I dare you to take a chance and whip these bad boys up and serve to the crew tonight for dinner and watch them enjoy!
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Cauliflower in microwave safe bowl with a little water. Cover and microwave apps 5 min until cauliflower can be pierced easily with a fork but not mushy.
- Working in batches, place the steamed florets in the food processor and process for 10 seconds until they are completely chopped into a meal. Transfer each batch of meal to a clean, thin dish towel or piece of cheesecloth. Continue to process the remaining florets. Once all the cauliflower meal is cool enough to handle, gather the corners of the towel and, working over the sink, squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Transfer the squeezed meal to a large bowl.
- Add the egg, grated onion, parmesan and cheddar cheeses, almond flour, and salt and pepper to taste to the bowl with the cauliflower. Use a rubber spatula to mix everything together. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes so it can come together.
- Spray the prepared baking sheet generously with cooking spray. Use your hands to form 34 small “tater” tots, about 1 inch long by ½ inch wide, placing them on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart. All the tots should fit on one pan, though you can work in batches if needed. Spray the tots generously with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Flip the tots and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, until they are browned all over. While still hot sprinkle with salt!
- Leftover tots can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 10 days.