28, 02, 2016
Happy Sunday everyone!
I can’t believe February has already flown by! Although I don’t do monthly favorites, I wanted to share some of my current favorite things!
1. I’ve always been a fan of the Rimmel Match Perfection original foundation. First off, the line has a great color selection. It’s also affordable and it is a really nice foundation overall. As I continued to wear it, I saw that the foundation clung to my dry patches, and I started to not like it as much anymore. But then, Rimmel reformulated their foundation and released the Match Perfection Foundation with Pore Blurring Effect. It claims to be a hydrating foundation, and trust me it is! If you have dry skin like me, you will love this foundation. It gives such a natural, dewy glow. I also notice it sits so nicely on my face throughout the day.
2. Eyebrows are such an important feature now a days, so finding the right eyebrow products is important. I decided to pick up the ELF Clear Brow & Lash Mascara and I’m quite sure I’ve found the perfect eyebrow gel. It only retails for $2! That’s right, $2. Best of all, it really works. You can use either ends of the product as well. I noticed it really does hold my brow hairs and eyebrow powder in place. After I’ve set my eyebrows with the gel, it’s impossible to make the powder and hairs budge!
3. I’m a huge fan of drug store mascara, and I will probably always stick to them. A few months ago though, I got a sample of the Benefit Roller Lash mascara from my Sephora Reward points. I’ve got to say, it’s such a great mascara. It lengthens my tiny lashes so much and curls my lashes without the use of an eyelash curler. I think a great dupe of this is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, but if you’re looking to splurge on a high end mascara, this is a great one!
4. You’ve probably heard about adult coloring books as they have become a popular item in the past few months. I personally love it, and am so happy my cousin introduced me to it. It’s incredibly therapeutic. Coloring in my Enchanted Forest coloring book with Netflix on really makes for a relaxing night.
5. I’ve had the same perfumes for such a long time, so I thought I’d take advantage of Sephora’s recent 3x reward points on fragrances promotion. I decided to pick up the Daisy Dream by Marc Jacob and the Nirvana White by Elizabeth & James rollerballs. Both perfumes smell so heavenly and are perfect for everyday wear. I’m not even going to try to describe the scents as I am so bad at that, but they both are floral scents. I highly recommend stopping into Sephora and giving them a smell if you get the chance.
6. If you have problems with flat hair or holding up thick hair, a huge hair clip is your answer! I’ve always hated tying my hair up with normal ties because it felt like I was tugging at my hair so much. My hair would always end up super flat when I pulled my hair down too. But with a huge hair clip, your hair can stay voluminous up or down! It also doesn’t tug on the hair as much as a regular tie.
7. I’ve recently really gotten into facial cleansers. Previously, I would just clean the make up off my face using an oil cleanser, splash the dirt away with water and call it a night. But I’ve noticed that following up my oil make up remover with a light cleanser really makes my face super clean. I absolutely love the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. It’s fragrance free and it such a gentle cleanser on the face. It’s simplicity makes it very efficient.
8. Another great cleanser that I discovered is the Osulloc Natural Green Cleansing Foam made with real green tea extract. I picked this cleanser up while I was in Korea last year based off of my cousin’s recommendation. It’s definitely a great cleanser as it makes my skin feel squeaky clean without drying it out. A pea sized amount is all you need, so it’s definitely worth the money!
8. I picked up this lovely blush and bronzer set 2 years ago at Sephora during the holidays. The holidays are great, especially for make up lovers, because all these cute gift sets are released. This one is by Benefit and it includes 5 of their popular boxed blushes, the Hoola bronzer, and a sample of the Watts Up highlighter. I’ve been really loving this set lately, especially the Hoola bronzer and Coralista blush!
9. My last favorite has been my NYX Lip Butter in Pops. This color may have been discontinued as I cannot find the exact color online, but the formula and staying power of these lipsticks is amazing. It really does feel buttery between the lips. Pops in particular is a everyday mauve shade that gives my lips some color to brighten my face.
Those are all my current favorites. What have you been loving?